Saturday, August 7, 2010

Insanity Day 6

You know I was thinking about the meaning of Insanity-"to cointinue doing what you have been doing and expecting different results." You can not expect to put in just a little bit of work or just a little bit of effort and expect BIG changes. No it's going to take hard work, determination, motivation, encouragement, and one heck of a will. Losing weight is not generally easy for anybody that is overweight, if it was easy, none of us would be big! I don't think the almost do-able parts will last long because as soon as your body gets used to you being active you will begin to enjoy it. The treadmill made me feel like my legs were gonna rip off from my body, but I made it. I have to remember that "nothing taste as good as being thin feels" and that it's not that I can never have some of those things that I have loved but eventually I can put a little bit of those things back in my diet. It's about moderation, portion control, and self control. Its learning to tell yourself no, and bringing balance to your life. Nothing worth having in this life comes easy! It's hard and Jesus never promised us it would be easy, He promised us he would never leave us! What you eat is so important, because you can do hard workouts and still not lose weight if you are not eating healthy, balanced meals. It's about living and learning, and Fawn has made me see that it's not so much about the destination as it is embracing and enjoying and living the journey. The journey is where I learn and where I am changing, it's where the beauty is. I have added the song that is most relevant to my life right now."My defenses hit the ground and they shatter all around-so open and exposed. But I have strength in this struggle, Im coming face-to-face with my troubles, When you're broken in a million little pieces and you're trying but you can't hold on anymore. Evey tear falls down for a reason, Don;t you stop believing in yourself-when you're broken! Hitting Walls and making scars only makes you who you are. There is beauty in the breaking."

My eats for today were:
Breakfast:
¾ cup oatmeal Quaker raw oats
1 tbsp flaxseeds in oatmeal
2 pc. Turkey bacon
½ banana or med apple
Calories= 300


Snack:1 cup Nonfat/NO SUGAR Greek Yogurt 120
½ tbsp Peanut Butter 50
½ banana 50
Calories=220


Lunch:Grilled Chicken Salad
1 cup spinach 30
1 small tomato 20
¾ cup of rice or black beans 150
4 oz grilled chicken 150
1 teaspoon olive oil 50
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar 30
Calories=430


Snack:½ Can of Tuna in Water 60
Spinach
Tomato slices
2 tsp mustard 10
1 piece whole wheat toast 120
Calories=220


Dinner:
Burger (no bun) with Sweet Pot Fries
4 oz lean ground turkey patty or lean ground beef patty 150
Mustard 10
Spinach 10
Small tomato 20
5 oz sweet potato or 5 oz sweet potato fries (bake with ½ teaspoon olive oil drizzled on and peeled) 170
1 cup green beans 50
Calories=410


Snack: Larabar

Workout:
AM- 45-60 min Easy Pace on Treadmill PM- 45 min. fast walk

No comments:

Post a Comment