Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1

Ok guys,
So today is day 1. I woke up this morning with a fresh excitement and ready to go! I started the morning with drinking 2 cups of water with some fresh squeezed lemon. Then I ate my breakfast this morning which was:

¾ cup of oatmeal made with purified water (Quaker raw oats)
½ cup of blueberries
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 whole egg + 1 egg white

Calories = 360
Then I had some water
I did my morning workout that consisted of AM-(32 min)start with 5 min.warmup then 5 min. fast walk then 3 min. incline walk (adjust speed if needed)
Then this afternoon I am going walking for 45 minutes!

That workout was tough. I mean the incline was like wow! But it was the good kind of wow. I could tell I it was working bc I could feel the burn. I kind of felt uncomfortable when the room starting filling up with men-I kind of felt some anxiety coming on...like they were judging me or wandering what I was doing there. Then I just imagined Fawn being there with me and telling me this was not about them, that this was not all about me either, it's for God's glory and His will and the greater good for the people I meant to inspire. So I bit my lip and realized that I needed to stop being so insecure. More than likely they were not looking at me in that way and I was just being paranoid, and even if they were, that's they're problem. So once I got passed that I was okay. I got done and it felt good that I did it. I had a Larabar for a snack and for Lunch I had:
my Grilled Chicken Salad option
1 cup spinach 30
1 small tomato 20
¾ cup of rice or black beans 150
4 oz grilled chicken 150
1 teaspoon olive oil 50
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar 30
Calories=430

and then for snack right now I am having:Medium Apple 75
20 almonds 140
Calories= 215

So tonight I think I am going to try:Burger (no bun) with Sweet Pot Fries
4 oz lean ground turkey patty or lean ground beef patty 150
Mustard 10
Spinach 10
Small tomato 20
5 oz sweet potato or 5 oz sweet potato fries (bake with ½ teaspoon olive oil drizzled on and peeled) 170
1 cup green beans 50
Calories=410

And so far so good, I have noticed I am not so tired. I have not noticed a huge difference in the energy yet, but a difference none the less. I have had major cravings today. I thought about Mexico Tipico today and how I would love a chocolate donut, but I have kept strong and I keep telling myself it will be worth it. I wish I had Fawn here with me, but I know she is praying for me, thinking of me, and she is encouraging me. Most important to me is that she Believes in me, and that feeling is Amazing! Accountability is so important! I know that with the right team and with encouragement I will accomplish one small goal at a time. I am going to finish my snack and check on my little angels. Bye for now. Peace to you! Audra

5 comments:

  1. Audra, You have done an amazing job! I'm so proud of you and am blessed to be your mentor and friend! I LOVE what you said about being on the treadmill...trust me you are working harder then alot of people there! And you're right...this will be build your character and know that I am there with you! I am praying for you believing in you and walking beside you to help you reach your goal! Lots and lots of love!

    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. audra. you go girl!

    i have never met fawn-only through email. however i know her family. i am the grandmother of joel's son, evan.

    i, like you, have started a new journey. i have moved from the millbrook, al area to a bedroom community outside of wilmington, nc.

    the geographical move is only part of it. i am now working on getting established in a new church home, finding my way around, and of course tackling the big, ugly "D". "DIET"!

    i have a few years on you, 24 to be exact. i started my weight loss program yesterday also. when i saw fawn's post on fb this morning i decided to check it out and, well here i am cheering on a total stranger!

    so best wishes and sending prayers your way for sucess and happiness in your life style change. you have been an inspiration to me this morning and i thank you. know that you are not alone and people are cheering you on and praying for you near and far! and your #1 cheerleader of course-our mighty GOD!

    wishing you peace and blessings!

    sincere regards,
    sonnie b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sonnie, Sometimes a strangers prayers and kind words are more pure and true than of someone you know who is being fake! It means alot to me that you care and are praying. I will be praying for you as well and keep me updated with your journey as well. WE can do this and We will. Sometimes you find that the bestest of friends are not the ones that live 5 miles down the road! I look forward to getting to know you. I am glad you are inspired and I wish you the best. may God's Peace dwell withiun you today. Audra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audra (and Fawn),

    I am SOOOOO proud of both of you!!

    Audra, you can DO this! God has given you an amazing gift and with Him, you can do ANYthing! Fawn is a phenomenal woman that will encourage you, support you, and guide you every step of the way! Remember to take it one day at a time! ;)

    I will be following your journey and praying that you stay strong and motivated! So far, Day 1 sounds like a success! Keep it up, girl!

    Much love and many blessings,

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Melanie! You and Fawn are both exceptional people and I love you both! You are such a beautiful woman, thank you for you prayers and support-this is the hardest thing I have ever done and I sincerely appreciate you! Love and Peace, Audra

    ReplyDelete