Saturday, August 14, 2010

I know that you are for me!

What got me here? D-E-N-I-A-L! Denial is what got me to 270 pounds and size 22 britches. I needed a wake up call; I needed someone to rattle me for me to realize that just because I chose to bury my emotions with food they would still there-unresolved, and more complicated because of the effects of the emotional eating on top of everything else. Festering emotions and stress due to unresolved conflict are often the root of weight issues. It is sad, but the food acts as a temporary buffer between you and your emotions. It numbs the feelings.I have always had this emotion dependancy on food, even as a child-it just didn't effect my weight until my senior year Whether the emotions still exist or not once you've grown up, the habits of emotional eating remain. So it is learning how to break the cycle and focusing in your mindset. It's about renewing your mind with what God says about you. He said I am fearfully and wonderfully made and He loves me and has a plan and a purpose for me and knew me before I was in my mother's womb! If he cares so much about the flowers and the animals-how much more is his love for us! I love the song by Kari Jobe-I know that you are for me. It is amazing-and so true. Listen to it and you will see. I will be back later to blog about my fitness....Later A

1 comment:

  1. AAAMMMMMEEENNNN to this post, Audra!

    Denial is a huge obstacle to overcome because it's more to do with the mind than the body...you are amazing!

    Week number 2 has come and gone and you are still going strong! I want to know a couple of things:
    What kind of changes have you experienced so far through this process, mentally and physically? I know it's only week 2 but it's been said that two weeks forms a habit! :)
    How much of a difference has it made knowing that THIS time, there are people on this journey with you and following your progress and urging you forward with support and encouragement?
    And lastly, how are those jeans fitting?? ;) lol

    Just wanted you to know how proud I am! Also, know that I check your blog multiple times a day to check on your progress...so even if I don't make a comment, I am HERE, reading every post, and loving the transformation I am seeing in you! And Fawn is right here with me and LOVES you to pieces!! :)

    Big hugs and lots of love,

    Mel :)

    ReplyDelete