Friday, August 13, 2010

Woke up this morning to barking dogs and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went on ahead to go for a walk. I have already mapped out the neighborhood with the car so I would know how far I had gone, and today I went 3 miles.It was difficult and the way I mapped it out I have to climb uphill twice and honestly I didn't know if I would make it today, but I had to. It was either sit there or walk back home. The hill was so hard for me, my thighs were burning and tightening and I had to just keep telling myself that I will feel great when I actually get done. It makes it a little easier to workout when I use my mp3 player. I downloaded upbeat workout music on there and for some reason the music helps. Today my am workout will be the treadmill 1 minute incline then 1 minute recovery and keep doing that for about asn hour. FYI:the warmup and the cooldowns are important and are vital to making sure you have an effective workout. I also have been making sure to stretch before AND after. I also make sure to take my 64oz. water bottle and drink plenty while I workout. It really helps alot. I can tell a difference. It is nice to workout at the y becuase you can watch tv and it makes it easier to let the time fly while you're ]watching t.v. This morning I had
¾ cup of oatmeal made with water (Quaker raw oats)
½ cup of berries
1 tbsp ground flax seeds 80
1 whole egg + 1 egg white

Calories = 360
This breakfast seems to perk me up a little bit. I donlt know if it's because of the egg and the oatmeal mixed together or not but I am all for it. I also find it very helpful to eat before I do the am workout about 45 minutes to an hr before I go. Then about an hour after my workout I eat a snack and I think I can feel a difference in my body as far as the way I feel for the rest of the day. The more you workout and eat the right foods at the right time and stay hydrated the better your days feel-you will be tired from your workouts but its a GOOD tired. I also love lemon and have been squeezing it in my water without stevia and it gives it a fresh taste. I am trying to not use any table salt an instead I am using spices and lemons and limes and herbs to flavor my food. Another helpful hint: Green leafy vegetables are extremely low in calories and are RICH in vitamins and mineral and that is a plus! Some fruits and vegetables low calorie content make them easy to put in your diet and easier to lose weight. I know it's friday and everybody will be going out-so have fun and be careful out there. Drive safe-and remember if you choose to drink, do not drive! I wish everybody a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment