Thursday, August 12, 2010

live and learn and don't buy spanx!

oK I am juat wandering what in the world was I thinking when I bought some Spanx from Lane Bryant. I bought them a couple months back to wear for interviews and church. Good lawd, I put them on today but me and the spanx were fighting. Ok first of all they DO NOT work I mean I am no idiot i didn't expext them to make me look skinny when I bought them, but good grief just being able to zip my pants would have been nice and I would have been hitting the mark. Second they are not worth the trouble! It is worse than when you are trying to fit in a pair of pants and you lay on the bed squirming around like a fish out of water tring to squeeze them on, I mean seriously, by the time I got the dang things on this morning I was exhausted! So my advise is do not buy them, dang marketing companies I am sure you sit back enjoying your profits and getting your jollies from making fat girls look silly. OK so now that I am done with my rant on that...yesturday I felt like poo and was sickly so I didn't eat I just drank water all day and I had NO ENERGY-bummer. Today is a new day and I am sure the energy will return! I did go for a 3 mile walk EARLY this morning, but I have to step it up and I will be doing my bike workout later in the morning and tonight I think instead of doing a 45 minute fast walk I will attempt to go an hour and 15 minutes! I will definately let you know what I did and how it went.In my quiet time this morning I was reading about Peter and Jesus when Jesus walked on water. As he was approaching the boat where the disciples were, they were asking what is that and then they realized it was Him. Peter asked him Lord if it's really you tell me to come out on the water. SO Jesus told Him to come and he was walking on water UNTIL he took his focus off JEsus and paid attention to the wind blowing. That is so true for us today! Satans plans are to bring distrations to take our focus off of Jesus and onto our problems. Stand up and speak to your storm-Tell your storm who your God is! Stay focused on Him. Love you all, Audra

2 comments:

  1. AMEN, sistah!! Spanx and I do NOT get along! I bought one pair and found myself cutting the tops of them so I could actually breathe....ugh! I would rather be comfortable than look like I have a "flatter stomach" ANY day! ;)
    I hope you're feeling much better today! Good for you for staying on track! You are doing so AWESOME! 1 hour and 15 minute walk? That's amazing! Me and Jesse (my sweet dog) run every morning, and it's a miracle if I make it for 20 minutes! So proud of you, girl...KEEP. IT. UP! ;)

    Love and blessings!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Audra, seems like our biggest storms ARE emotions and resentments..keep walking :)

    ReplyDelete