Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2!

Hey yall,
I finished out yesturday as planned and had a overall great day.
It is day 2 and today has been a doozie so far. Ok so I woke up and had my water. and had my quiet time. Then I had my breakfast:
1 piece whole wheat toast
1 tbsp peanut butter (not heaping spoonful, exact tablespoon)
3/4 cup of strawberries
3 egg whites
Calories= 315
Then I played with Hannah for a bit and then went for a 30 minute fast walk, which was supposed to be this p.m. workout but Hannah woke up and that's what I got to do. So tonight I am doing what was supposed to be my am workout which is AM-(35min) 5 min. warm up then 1 on and 1 off/ 1 min. steep incline walk followed by 1 min. recovery walk.
So while I was cleaning up and doing laundry those cravings came on again and I started to think Maybe I can't do it, and why do these people believe in me? I just had to pray and tell God how I was feeling and ask for him to give me peace strength to fight temptation. I pushed through it and kept myself busy. For snack I had ¾ Cup Cottage Cheese (Nonfat) 120
½ cup of berries or 1 small peach 50
½ tbsp almond butter or 8 almonds 56
Calories= 226
I ran some errunds with the kids and stopped by my moms, made my trip to the Water Store, and came back home. I had to get lunch ready for everybody and I had:
Turkey Wrap
Whole Wheat Tortilla- 120 calorie wrap or less
4oz turkey breast lunchmeat (low sodium if can) 120
2 teaspoons mustard 10
1/2 cup spinach 20
Tomato 15
1/4 of an avocado 55
Small apple 50
Calories=400
It is not time for my afternoon snack yet but I am sure it will be a LaraBar
I am doing okay. I just keeping pushing on and looking forward to the future I know this journey is starting by taking one day at a time and right now its one minute at a time. There are so many people counting on me and I can not let them down! I am in the mood to have the Grilled Chicken Salad
1 cup spinach 30
1 small tomato 20
¾ cup of rice or black beans 150
4 oz grilled chicken 150
1 teaspoon olive oil 50
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar 30
Calories=430
and for my last snack of the day I will have:Smoothie
½ banana 60
1 cup fat free milk 90
1 tbsp peanut butter 100
Calories=250
I was thinking earlier that sometimes I just don't get why it is so hard to eat right and make the right choices. But that's exactly it-it's all about the choices. I have found myself being very vulnerable and open and sharing things that are private that I would have never thought I would. It is for the good of others. To give others a voice that wont speak up. To encourage others to take a stand to make a difference in their life! I want to help anybody and everybody I can but first I am getting the help I need so I can be an encouragement to others. If you are reading this and you are wanting to help someone you know who needs to lose weight and get in shape please remember not to criticize, but instead be positive and lift that person up. One thing that really hurt me was when someone had said, "well, Audra used to be a cute girl and all, well you know before she gained her weight." That scarred me, I mean it really hurt. I have forgiven the person and it doesnt matter who said bc I wouldn't tell you anyway. I do not think they meant it in a bad way but it cut me pretty deep. "They" say to forgive and forget but I don't think I can forget that, but I will use it for the good. I will use that expereince as a reminder to be careful with my words and the things I say so that I do not hurt people that way. Being overweight does not change who the person is, it just changes the outside appearance. As critical and blindsighted I have been about my own appearance I don't see others the way I see myself. I don't look at big people like me or even people bigger than me and think things about their weight or see them the way I see myself. For some reason I see them for who they are, the REAL them. If you have ever judged someone for being overweight, it's ok you can change the way you think now. Just be careful that in any situation you dont' judge because you don't know where people are coming from or what they have been through, you just dont know, you might be entertaining angels unaware. Just some thoughts....Love and Peace to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Audra, Keep pushing forward! Don't worry if you have to switch around the cardio...say no to the cravings and remember we are in this together! I am creating my blog today!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fight those cravings, girl! Fawn will tell you that is my biggest weakness....think 2am runs to Krystal's drive thru while we were living in Auburn! Lol....you can do it! Your will is stronger than you think! Just remember how it will make you feel if you give in (not good)!

    Thinking about you and praying for you!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete