Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's all about the climb! Day 7

Sometimes when you are down and out it gets so easy to get caught up in being negative. Being negative is damaging it changes and alters your attitude, your feelings and your sense of well being. There is something about being miserable that makes a person do and say things and act in ways they shouldn't and later wish they could take back. You know the old saying "misery" loves company." Negative influences and negative people have got to leave your life. There is no way to succeed if you surround yourself around negative people. I know, because before I became really serious about turning my life around, I would get in these deep, dark moods of depression and I was hurting so bad that I would say and do whatever I wanted and didn't care what anybody thought. Then guilt and condemnation would haunt me and torment me to make me feel even worse than I did before.It is an ugly cycle that we can get caught up in. I was not always like that and these moods didn't normally last long, but when they came they were as destructive as a tornado. First, let me say that PRAISE GOD there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus! His blood covers our sins and our transgressions. All we have to do is come to him with sincere remorse and ask him for forgiveness and He forgives us and "remembers our sins no more" The Word says they are moved as far as the east is form the west. What a loving and compassionate God we serve! Our daddy want us to be whole and wants us to succeed! So if you are spending time and surrounding yourself around people who are negative then you need to quit hanging out with them. It is a must if you want to change your life. You will eventually become like the people you hang out with. So I have chosen to be around positive people who love life and want to make a difference. People who want to be world changers and help others to fullfill thier hopes and dreams. I now believe that "try" is not a word for me anymore. Try to me now means "I'll see about it." So now its either you do it or you don't do it, and if you choose to do it and you mess up-you pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and do it again and again and again until you succeed. We need to learn to let go of the past, the past IS the past, and it needs to be left there, can't change it, let's learn from it and move on! We waste so much time regretting the past and worrying about the future. The future is not here yet, it's what happens in the NOW that will determine your future. It's NOW that makes the difference. If I want to lose weight and be healty, I have to make choices today-in the NOW that later will produce the healthy me in the FUTURE. The future is just a consequence of all the choices we make in the NOW. We can change NOW, we can change our way of thinking NOW. I have spent way too much time focusing on the "future me" instead of focusing on the NOW me. It's all about the journey and the climb there. Can I do it? Yes I can, one choice and one day at a time. You have got to have good support and you have got to be dtermined and motivated. Keep the Faith! Love you guys, Audra

Eats:
Breakfast:1 piece whole wheat toast
1 tbsp peanut butter (not heaping spoonful, exact tablespoon)
3/4 cup of strawberries
3 egg whites
Calories= 315


Snack:¾ cup Non Fat Cottage Cheese 120
½ cup pineapple (fresh not canned) 40
8 almonds 56
Calories=216


Lunch:Chicken Salad Sandwich/wrap
4 oz chopped grilled chicken 150
2 teaspoons mustard 10
8 almonds chopped 56
Celery
1 small tomato 20
1 piece whole wheat bread or whole wheat wrap 120
1 small piece of fruit or ½ banana 50
Calories=406


Snack:1 cup of fat free milk 90
1 piece whole wheat toast 100
½ tbsp peanut butter 50
Calories=240


Dinner:Spaghetti
¾ cup whole wheat noodles (cooked) 130
½ cup spaghetti sauce 40
4 oz leanest ground beef or 4oz lean ground turkey or 4oz chicken 150
1 cup green beans (no butter) 44
1 tsp Olive Oil 40
Calories=404


Snack:Smoothie
1 cup frozen berries 80
1 cup fat free milk 90
2 tbsp flax seed 70
Calories=240

Today was Sunday Funday and we went swimming and tonight we are going for a short walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment